Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cooking with Cooper

I have been including Cooper in some food preparation lately. It started with pulling up a chair so that he could watch me get his morning snack ready. I explained each step of preparing apple slices and he actually watched, listened and helped by putting the slices in the bowl. This morning I got some confirmation that he is actually taking it all in as he picked up the apple corer and put the end of it right in the middle of the apple.

A couple days ago I needed to make a dessert to share with my friends for my night out. I included Cooper in the cookie making and I think he got a big kick out of it. I let him add some of the dry ingredients, which he did seamlessly. I also let him partake in the best part of making cookies...stealing some chocolate chips and licking the beaters. I think he is going to continue to enjoy cooking with mom!!

licking the beater

sweet rewards for hard work

enjoying every morsel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can attest to the high levels of edibility and tastability of the cookies. Thank you Cooper and Kelly

Anonymous said...

You continue to be my hero!