Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Confessions

When life feels out of my control, as pieces have over the past couple weeks, I find solice in two divergent ways. On the one hand I clean, which makes sense I suppose. I restore order to our home, when other things can't be put in any sort of order. When Erik was in Germany for two weeks my oven was sparkling and the burned grime was diligently scraped off our grill. Today, the inside of our refrigerator is spotless. Tonight I washed the kitchen cabinets and even scrubbed the knobs on the stove. I only meant to do the dinner dishes and got a bit carried away.
On the other hand I create some chaos. This week I decided to rip up the carpeting in our bedroom and into the upstairs hallway and stairs. I'd been thinking about doing this for a while. I hadn't planned on starting the project at 6:30 on Sunday night. Not the best time to start in on something like that. So now I'm working a little at a time. The project itself is incredibly theraputic, pulling out all the staples, prying up the carpet tack boards, and uncovering the beautiful wood that has been hiding for years under drab carpet. Our bedroom may be in disarray, but I've found my way towards some peace and healing.

1 comment:

Kara said...

love the floors!!