Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Simple Comforts

I have just collapsed onto the couch after another busy day. I find these days that I spend a lot of time thinking about the things I didn't accomplish...I didn't make all the Thanksgiving left-overs casseroles I had planned, another day went by without cleaning off my desk, my work To Do list continues to grow, and the first snow came before I got around to preparing the garden for winter.

Tonight I'm taking a different approach. I'm enjoying a few simple things I did accomplish. After putting three bags of fresh turkey stock in the freezer I admired the dozen or so zucchini muffins, made from zucchinis I grew, along with several bags of tomatoes grown by me. And while I may not have made the casseroles, I have lots of stock for many bowls of soup some day in the future when I have the time. And the left-over turkey is in the freezer too, so those casseroles still have hopes for future meal satisfaction.

It's comforting to know I do accomplish a lot, with a little help from the freezer.

No comments: