Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Year Ago

This is what I looked like.


That picture was actually taken around 4:30am on the 15th. I was at the Pittsburgh Midwife Center, hoping that labor was going to get moving after my water broke just before midnight on April 14th. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I ended up looking like this.

That picture is before the Pitocin kicked in and I drifted into the bizarre and focused world of a fast a furious labor.

Last year we were preparing to welcome our little girl. Now, we are busy preparing to celebrate Ellery's big day tomorrow. I'm going to be making this cake along with some matching cupcakes. My parents arrive tomorrow to join in the celebration. We have so much joy to share!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

I remember the day very well, knowing you were in labor and then getting the good news about your wee girl. happy birthday, ellery. i can't wait to meet you!