Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome to Our Summer CSA!!!

The Dahl family has joined the CSA revolution as new members of the 2 Silos meat and produce CSA. We picked up our first meat share a few weeks ago (2 cornish hens, 1 chicken, 4 mutton chops, 1lb ground mutton, and 1 rabbit). Last week we picked up our first produce and egg share, which included 4 quarts of strawberries and some lovely lettuce. And this week? Look at this beautiful bounty!!


Snow peas, strawberries, eggs, zucchini and golden zucchini, and green tomatoes. Yum!

The challenge? Keeping up with the bounty in the midst of moving craziness. We are moving on Saturday. Good thing the local, fresh produce lasts and my parents are coming in town to help eat it all.

I'm looking forward to sharing our CSA adventures in eating healthy, local, fresh, delicious food all summer long.

3 comments:

Emilie said...

i'm really excited for you guys too, and will love sharing ideas and recipes on how to use all of the produce. it's amazing how it piles up in our fridge and all of a sudden I need recipes and plans for tons of veggies, some of which I don't always know what to do with. What will you do with the green tomatoes, I wonder. I hope you'll blog about it every week! xoxox

Kirsten said...

Looks awesome, I am a little jealous of your CSA! We're doing farmer's markets only this summer, but I feel like we're missing out on some excitement as well as the fun of being a part of something so important!

Kelly Dahl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.